Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sharing the GAME Plan Process with my Students

Having gone through the process of creating a GAME plan and actually going through with it, I know that my students will benefit from creating their own GAME plan as well. As I have been sharing my knowledge of new technologies with my students, they have come to see how important of a role technology plays in their lives. They have learned how to create voice threads, podcasts, digital storytelling, and so much more. These are all technologies that they can use once they leave high school and enter into a post secondary educational facility. At the beginning of each school year, I have my students create goals for themselves. In the future I will have them set goals to meet the NETS standards as well. I believe that by doing this I will help them to prepare for their futures.

2 comments:

  1. It is great that you are sharing your new finding swith your students. Hav you also been sharing them with your teachers?

    It is also great that you will bring in the NETS standards to your students. I actually have created posters for each one and have them posted in my room. Every year I go over them with my students and we dicuss which ones are important and which one they can already do.

    Good luck with yoru GAME plan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to have your students set goals for themselves at the beginning of the year. Adding the NETS to these goals would challenge your students to further their technology skills. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete