Saturday, February 13, 2010

GAME Plan Still On...

I have found that reaching the goals of my GAME plan is a never ending process. Much like learning should never end, I should never stop trying to reach my goals of increasing professional development and introducing my students to new technology. In the past few weeks I have worked with some of my peers to plan a professional development opportunity to teach other teachers how to create a classroom website. The enthusiasm has been overwhelming and we will be teaching this course next month. Our goal is for each teacher to have their own classroom website up and running at the beginning of the 2010-2011 school year.
I have not introduced anymore new technologies to my students, but plan to teach them how to create a podcast for a project that we have coming up this spring.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I think that's a great idea for a professional development opportunity. I would have a lot of interested staff members at my school, as well. What program are you going to use to teach them to create their website? My husband helped me create mine from scratch using DreamWeaver and html coding (www.mrsperucco.info), but my coworker uses TeacherWeb and loves it. She says that it's very easy to update. Scholastic also offers a free teacher website builder (http://teacher.scholastic.com/homepagebuilder/). I liked building mine because I wasn't limited to a certain template, but I think those would be two great options for teachers with limited technology experience.

    Good luck with your website course! I'm sure your staff will really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete